A List is defined as a set of contacts grouped based on a specific category determined by a filter or a set of filters. It simply means that you made a group of contacts based on certain criteria, it may be interest, age group, country, gender or any other factor common to a set of contacts which may be useful to your Marketing campaign.
Example, you have an anti-age cream for women and you want to market it. You need to know the age and gender of your contacts so that you can send a campaign to the older age group who are female. so you create a filter that will generate a list of contacts who fall on that criteria. Since you are using many ways to capture leads, so the number of your contacts grows. It is possible that new subscribers/registrants will also fall on the criteria you want to market your anti-age cream with. Engagebay allows you to automate that - by creating a "Smart List".
This article is a guide showing you how to create a "Smart List" step by step.
In this guide, we will be making a Smart list that will group all contacts coming from the United States.
1. On your dashboard, hover your mouse over "Contacts" tab on the top menu and click on "Lists"
2. Click on "Create List" button over the upper right side.
3. It will open a "pane" where you can configure the setting of your list. Name your list first for easy identification when you are using it. after that make sure "Smart List" radio button is ticked, then click on "Add Condition" to start defining the lists conditions.
4. There are so many ways you can set up conditions. You can even set up a series of conditions in a single Smart list. In this case, we are just choosing country which is equivalent to the United States. Once you are done with set up. just press save.
5. You will now see the "Smart List" you have created and when you open it, it will show you your contacts coming from the US and it will automatically add any new contact that is also coming from the US.